Employment at MTLPS
We are always accepting applicants for substitutes and teachers.
If you are interested in working at Midtown Lutheran Preschool, please submit a cover letter, resume, and 3 references, and any other information you feel is applicable to the job (ie. online portfolio, website, etc.) to Kate Elkins (preschool director) at email@example.com (no phone calls please).
Positions we are in often search of:
- General education teachers - must be willing to work with any age group 1-4 years
- German speaking teachers - must be both fluent and literate - must be willing to work with any age group
- Assistant teachers - English and/or German fluent
- Substitute teachers
- Special interest teachers: art, movement, music, etc.
All candidates must be enthusiastic about working in a very collaborative, flexible team environment.
- Experience and background in early childhood education or related field
- Age 21+
- Value and knowledge of play-based, emergent curriculum models (ie. Project Approach, Reggio Emilia)
- Understanding of curriculum, learning standards, and lesson plan implementation
- Strong communication skills
- Physical ability to play on floor, pick up children, walk and run with ease
- Flexible, reliable, committed, collaborative
- Value a positive discipline/guidance philosophy
- Value, and willingness to participate in, Christian traditions (prayer, religious perspectives of holidays, etc.)
Positions are part time, approximately 12-28 hours per week (school day hours 8:30A-1:30P, plus planning and meetings). Employees must pass a background check before hire. At this time we cannot offer insurance benefits or visa sponsorships.